“DISCOVERING AN AGRICULTURAL HEART OF MILAN. TOWARDS THE PARK OF THE RICE PADDIES”
Parco delle Risaie, non-profit association, has created a guide to discover Park of Rice. The aim of this publication is to provide historical background, specific information and pictures in order to experience and use Parco delle Risaie, respecting its rhythms and features, providing information about nature, farms, rural activities and available routes maps.
What is Parco delle Risaie and where it is.
CHAPTER 1 – PARK OF RICE
- The Association and Parco delle Risaie project
- Agricultural Milanese District
- Parco Agricolo Sud Milano
- The urban Campaigns
- Towards Expo 2015
CHAPTER 2 – USE RULES
CHAPTER 3 – RICE PADDIES
- History of rice
- Tradition of the lombard/milanese rice paddies
- Rice cultivation
CHAPTER 4 – WATER AND SOIL
CHAPTER 5 – THE NATURE OF THE RICE PADDIES
- Geomorphology and pedology
- Flora and fauna
CHAPTER 6 – FARMHOUSES AND RURAL EVIDENCE
- List of the farmhouses, mills and furnaces (sorted by their current use)
Seasonal maps with images and insights into the topics of interest, flora and fauna, traditions and curiosity.